@dave a few questions and requirements about helipad polling of boosts:
- on initial loading what do we show? A certain amount of the latest boosts?
- from then we poll every second or so?
- This will need certain calls to the db that allow to display all unread boost messages
- On inital load we can display a certain amount of unread boosts oldes to newest
- on scroll I need to be able to show more newer unread boosts
@dave how can I best integrate with helipad? Is there anything I can install locally? Something I could simulate?
I can export my Next.js project as static sites that can be hosted on any http server and then do the calls to your endpoints.
Or we can run a Node.js server which allows for some optimization but probably makes everything more complicated.
So static site it is I would say.
@dave btw. here is how I normalize the tlv / boosts data https://github.com/kahlil/helipad-ui/blob/main/src/hooks/useBoosts.ts#L4-L24
might be interesting?
@dave Hi Dave I made a little more progress but not as much as I wanted to because of a family emergency.
See here: https://helipad-ui.vercel.app/
I still need to implement some behavior and a few refinements from my point of view.
If you or anybody else have feedback the best place for it would probably be Github: https://github.com/kahlil/helipad-ui
@dave can I help with the UI work? I‘ve been building UIs for 12 years… now leading UI building teams…
Frontend Dev, Podcaster, Engineering Manager, BTC is 🧡
Intended for all stake holders of podcasting who are interested in improving the eco system