Another glorious update has been applied to the http://castcoverage.com random podcast player!
-- add startup overlay, to force click "Tap to start" √
---- then autoplay √
-- make podcast title better clickable √
-- remove protips √
-- make second call to retrieve RSS feed link of the feed itself √
--- enable rss button √
-- also grab categories if they are not there √
-- add colourz √
@dave @adam I noticed that the "Business and Investing" podcast came up in the castcoverage a disproportionate amount of times. So I clicked to go to their page, and it seems like they list the same episode a gazillion times on https://anchor.fm/jung-jason/episodes/Sport-ekacd9
This might cause the podcast to be inside the podcastindex a LOT of times as well. Might be worth checking.
Keep up the great work <3
next up: probably the language filter
thanks for all your feedback and streamlining the feedback so far gentlemen. it is much appreciated!
https://podcastindex.org, the best podcast index of the universe!!
-- finish off new layout √
-- implement new layout √
-- implement little status thing that shows what is happening √
-- show the loading screen / remove the loading screen √
-- breadcrumb trail √
-- ability to jump back to a crumb √
-- hide un-implemented buttons √
-- make logo transparent for loading screen √
- report bogative
- language filter
- show feed RSS for subscribing
- category filter
- subscribe for apps
work in progress 🤪 https://podcastindex.social/media/Fd3NpBB9H64bhFSd1AA
- breadcrumb trail
- ability to jump back to a crumb
- intelligent category filter
- language filter
- report problematic feeds back to podcastindex
- implement subscribe for differnet apps using podcastindex provided links
- provide a podcast rss feed with a random podcast in it every day (and make sure this feed cannot be picked up by podcast index!)
here's the masterplan. i would love to thank everybody for their feedback so far !!!!
- create new layout ( IN PROGRESS)
- implement new layout
- show RSS of the podcast (for subscribing)
- needs another API call to get the full RSS feed source link
... continued in comment...
New episode of podcasting 2.0 is up!
Intended for all stake holders of podcasting who are interested in improving the eco system